BE PART OF OUR SUCCESS
DUXTON Windows & Doors is growing - and we need to build our team. Contact us to apply for any of the below positions.
Assembly Line Supervisor
DUXTON is currently looking for a candidate with experience in an assemly line supervisory role.
- Supervising the cutting / machining department
- Working hands-on with staff, building window and door frames
- Organizing and maintaining lineal/hardware inventory
- Meeting daily production requirements
- Ensuring customer quality standards are upheld
- Working closely with other departments in problem solving
- Minimum of 2 years as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read technical drawings and documents
- Occassional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent leadership skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in a window and door facility is a definite asset
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and 5S principles
Regular working hours are 7 am - 3:30 pm. Group benefits are also offered to staff following the first 3 months. Compensation is dependent on experience.
Manufacturing Technician Co-Op Term
DUXTON is an innovative, fast-growing business dedicated to manufacturing high-performance, high-quality windows and doors. It is a family-owned, medium sized business that has grown to 20,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space, located in downtown Winnipeg. Now following 15 years of solid growth, DUXTON is looking to further strengthen the manufacturing team, particularly in research and development, machine maintenance, and tooling areas.
- Sourcing and setting up new machinery, tooling and jigs
- Performing maintenance and trouble-shooting machinery, tooling and jigs
- Investigating source of quality deficiencies and possible improvements
- Assisting in the design and development of new products
- Assisting in window and door testing
- Contributing to DUXTON’s Continuous Improvement program
- Strong technical skills with a passion for manufacturing
- The ability to read CAD drawings
- Hands-on skills and experience with tools
- Independent worker with the ability to be self-directed
- Ideally a post-secondary education in manufacturing, but not required
Please submit resume only if you fit the qualifications. Compensation is dependent on experience and education. Group benefits are also offered to staff.
Window & Door Assembler
DUXTON is currently looking to fill several full-time positions with candidates experienced in window and door manufacturing.
Responsibilities may include:
- Cutting raw material
- Assembling frames
- Installing hardware and aluminum or PVC accessories
- Glazing large triple pane units
- Fabricating swinging doors and custom shapes
- Using equipment and tools such as levels, measuring tapes, caulking guns, chop saws, table saws, routers, CNC equipment on occasion, etc.
- Participating in Continuous Improvement projects
Precise tasks will depend on the experience of the candidate.
Supervisory responsibilities may be available for individuals with the relevant industry experience.
- Minimum of 2 years working hands-on in manufacturing or construction is required. Preferably in the window and door manufacturing industry.
- Ability to read and understand measurements, blueprints and work orders
- Comfortable with standing during work hours and some heavy lifting
Regular working hours are 7 am - 3:30 pm. Group benefits are also offered to staff following the first 6 months. Compensation is dependent on experience.