BE PART OF OUR SUCCESS
DUXTON Windows & Doors is growing - and we need to build our team. Contact us to apply for any of the below positions.
Window & Door Assembler
DUXTON is currently looking to fill several full-time positions with candidates experienced in window and door manufacturing.
Responsibilities may include:
- Cutting raw material
- Assembling frames
- Installing hardware and aluminum or PVC accessories
- Glazing large triple pane units
- Fabricating swinging doors and custom shapes
- Using equipment and tools such as levels, measuring tapes, caulking guns, chop saws, table saws, routers, CNC equipment on occasion, etc.
- Participating in Continuous Improvement projects
Precise tasks will depend on the experience of the candidate.
Supervisory responsibilities may be available for individuals with the relevant industry experience.
- Minimum of 2 years working hands-on in manufacturing or construction is required. Preferably in the window and door manufacturing industry.
- Ability to read and understand measurements, blueprints and work orders
- Comfortable with standing during work hours and some heavy lifting
Regular working hours are 7 am - 3:30 pm. Group benefits are also offered to staff following the first 6 months. Compensation is dependent on experience.Apply Now!
DUXTON is currently looking for a candidate with the desire to become a Full-Time Saw Operator.
- Set up and operate a chop saw and table saw
- Inspect material for any defects before cutting
- Position guides and stops to secure material
- Perform daily maintenance on the equipment
- Keep material organized by profile and colour, providing direction to assistants while they unload and reload crates
- Verify dimensions using a measuring tape
- Maintain inventory counts and reorganize material as time allows
- Attend production meetings to prioritize workload
- A minimum of 1 year in manufacturing or construction
- Hands-on skills and experience with manufacturing equipment and tools
- Committed to continuous learning
- A desire for improvement and growth within the company
- Ideally a post-secondary education in carpentry or a related field, but not required
Please submit resume only if you fit the qualifications. Compensation is dependent on experience and education. Group benefits are also offered to staff.Apply Now!
Lead Hand in Training
DUXTON is currently looking for a candidate with the desire to become a Lead Hand in Training, in a manufacturing environment of fiberglass windows and doors. DUXTON is a dynamic and growing business, with many young staff, offering great career development paths for enthusiastic, skilled, and hard-working individuals.
This position would suit graduates from Cabinetry and Woodworking Technology, or possibly related fields to manufacturing, including Mechanical Engineering.
- Working on-line assembling frames
- Developing leadership skills to assist teams in achieving productivity and quality targets
- Handling paperwork (manage work flows and prioritize orders)
- Learn how to manage team members and their priorities
- Performing quality control audits
- Participating in the plant’s Continuous Improvement program (5S, etc)
- A passion for manufacturing
- Hands-on skills and experience with tools
- Excellent people skills
- Committed to continuous learning
- A desire to become a team leader (various department opportunities)
- Ideally a post-secondary education in carpentry or a related field
Please submit resume only if you fit the qualifications. Compensation is dependent on experience and education.Apply Now!